Smeetham Hall Barn ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.smeethamhall.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions of use - see here - and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that applies from 25 May 2018, the data controller is Smeetham Hall Barn, Smeetham Hall Lane, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 7EU.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.smeethamhall.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
Uses made of the information - relating to the event
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information we collect/you supply relating to your event is used:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services relating to your event;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- upon your request, we will provide you with access to all your personal information which is stored by Smeetham Hall Barn. Should you wish to have your personal information deleted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All personal data will be deleted from our files after an appropriate length of time;
- we will never use your information for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of the information we receive from other sources relating to your event (for example but not limited to, caterer, dj, florist, etc..):
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes relating to your event.
Website and Social Media Photo/Video Sharing
Smeetham Hall Barn shares and posts photos and videos on our website and to various social media platforms – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc - for promotional purposes. When you book a wedding with us, we will request permission from you to post photos and videos from your event and you will have the opportunity to decline.
Where and for how long we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely in our offices. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology).
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Your data will be stored securely for a maximum of three months post your event date at which time these details will be destroyed.
The policy set out in this statement is also applicable to our website. Our site does contain links to and from the websites of third party suppliers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Bridget Hyde Parker: email@example.com or 01787 374 544